About Marvin NC
- Marvin incorporated on July 1, 1994 and has been one of the fastest growing communities in North Carolina.
- Marvin’s population is 6110 – certified by NC Office of State Planning (as of July 1, 2013)
- The area of Marvin covers approximately 6 square miles.
- Marvin is centrally located and easily accessible to major employment centers in Center City Charlotte, Ballantyne and South Park.
- Marvin has strict zoning standards with a maximum of 86 housing units per 100 acres, except in the case of age-restricted communities.
- Marvin requires preservation of greenspace through tree, stream and viewshed buffers.
- Current tax rate is $.05 per $100 valuation, which is in addition to the Union County rate of $.7614 per $100 valuation.
- Yahoo! named Marvin the best town in North Carolina to live in for two consecutive years
- Marvin has the highest median income in the state
- Offers a 27-acre park for residents to enjoy, featuring a playground, a barn shelter, 1 mile of meandering trails and a community garden, as well as planned community events like ‘Movie Nights’, National Night Out and an annual Holiday Tree Lighting.
- Marvin is in the process of developing a 4-mile paved trail along Marvin School, New Town, Marvin and Joe Kerr roads.
- Marvin is in the process of continuing to acquire and develop a Village-wide greenways system.
- Marvin residents attend three of the top performing high schools in the state including Cuthbertson, Marvin Ridge and Weddington.
- Cuthbertson H.S. has been named a North Carolina Honor School of Excellence for three years in a row and was named a UCPS International School for the third year in a row.
- Marvin Ridge H.S. was selected by Charlotte Magazine as the top performing public high school in the region and the Athletic Program won the state Wells Fargo Cup in the 3A division for the 7th year in a row. It is an International Baccalaureate School.
- Weddington H.S. was listed in The Daily Beast’s 2014 list of top high schools and was ranked as one of ‘America’s Best High Schools’ by Newsweek Magazine.
Resident Information Sheet
The Village of Marvin is in the Union County Public School District. Our area schools are:
Marvin Elementary, (704) 843-5399
New Town Elementary, (704) 290-1525
Sandy Ridge Elementary, (704) 290-1505
Weddington Elementary, 704-849-7238
Cuthbertson Middle, 704-296-0107
Marvin Ridge Middle, (704) 290-1510
Weddington Middle, 704-814-9772
Cuthbertson High, 704-296-0105
Marvin Ridge High, (704) 290-1520
Weddington High, 704-708-5530
Important Phone Numbers
Police: Union County Sheriff’s Office (704) 283-3846
All Emergency Calls 911
Fire: Wesley Chapel Fire Dept. (704) 843-3367
All Emergency Calls 911
Roads: NCDOT Maintenance 704-283-5941
Village of Marvin (704) 843-1680
Union County Board of Commissioners (704) 283-3810
Union County Board of Elections (704) 283-3809
Union County Public Schools (704) 283-3707
Private Garbage Collection
The Village of Marvin does not provide garbage pick-up. Residents arrange for their own trash collection.
God Bless USA (704)708-5872
Fox Hole Dump/Recycling Center (704) 341-4962